Wednesday

Get Thee to a Nunnery, Perhaps Though a Buddhist Nunnery

There are very good reasons why I have not been keeping you all updated on my dating life. It is not because I have not had dates. Know this people: I get play. It's just, well, let me illustrate with two recent examples.

* A guy asks me out to dinner. Says, "Can I take you out?". Vetoes the place I suggest for a place three times as expensive. Asks to split the check. I am not one of those girls who reads 'The Rules', I am feministy, I do not follow traditional gender roles. I just think that whole thing could've been communicated differently. That's $45 I could've spent on strippers.

* Same guy, at said dinner. Asked what books he has read recently. Says, "I don't really read books, I have a hard time finishing them." That is not something you say to an English Major. He might as well mentioned his love of taking sex tourism vacations in order to meet young boys. I glanced down at my plate and attacked my overpriced (but tender, so tender) chicken mole.

* Then he mentions that he did, a couple years ago, manage to get through 'The Tao of Pooh'. A book with slightly less words and pages than 'Goodnight Moon'.

*That same night I come home to a frightening email. Another guy. I read the words no woman wants to hear (or see typed). "I'm really into soft rock." Aren't rocks, by definition, supposed to be hard? I bet it is easy to cheat when challenging this guy to rock-paper-scissors. 'Scissors cut rock. I win!' Envisioning a life chock full of Kenny Loggins' songs. I clutch the chihuahua to my bosom and cry.

And yes, you want to know about Maui, of course you do. It was wonderful. Wailea smells like plumeria, Hana smells like guava, and Kihei smells like surfers and mai tais. More to follow once I get the pictures loaded...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really really really make me miss dating. But I have tried to reason with him, and Matt refuses to support me dating. Unless I date other girls, and he gets to watch. I just don't go for the boobies, so I will have to console myself with margaritas as I adjust to life with one SO and one cat:o(

Anonymous said...

P.S. I let Matt read my comment -- he responded with ..."hmmm boobies!". HE followed this with a sheepish admission that this may cast him in the same net with the "tao of pooh" guy.
And oh yes, he corrected my assumption -- promised that I could bring home another guy any time that I want, and the two of them will rock my world.
No, ladies, you can't have him -- he is all mine ;o)

bluedog said...

but I *liked* the tao of pooh. oops. perhaps i said too much... at least he didn't say i'm reading "harrison's principles of internal of medicine." i hear chapter 123 is a real page turner.