Tuesday

Dream Landscapes

Last night in one of my dreams; I revisited the scene of a previous dream from weeks ago. It was odd, the dream took place in 'Philadelphia'; though it didn't really look like any part of Philly that actually existed in my memory. At some point during the original dream, I actually questioned this false Philly in the dream itself. Suddenly, in the dream, it dawned on me that it didn't look like Philly. Like my waking brain chimed in and questioned what my dreaming brain had come up with. My dreaming brain though, is a smart, wily creature, it decided that the dream landscape was the university city area in Philly. A neighborhood I was not very familiar with in real life. So, the dream was able to progress. It mainly involved moving back to Philly, bike riding with my friend Alisa, and talking about things. It's like my real, waking life, except with exercise. And this dream last night was kind of the same thing, bike riding with Alisa, going places, talking about things. Pithy, pithy stuff.

It was just so odd that the dream landscape Philly was the same one as before. Like my dreams take place on sound stages and there are a limited amount of sets. I talk to Alisa, I bike ride with her, I bike ride myself in this fictitious Philly. Last dream, I took in a museum, but this time woke up before I got in any sight seeing. Alisa and I did start a conversation about the differences between west coast racism and east coast racism before I pedalled away. My dreaming brain is very subversive; if I start sleep walking the dominant paradigm better watch out.

No comments: