Wednesday

The Queen is Dead; Long Live Vega$

First the bad news. I will not be doing my winter tour of London and Ireland in February as I had originally planned. I carefully packed away my new rain coat, boots, and sweaters. I hope to pull them and the tour books out in the spring and reschedule my UK adventure.

Still, one needs a break. A break from the bedroom full of boxes, the office full of work, the phone full of unanswered calls, and the yard full of tiny, barking dogs. I yearn to be back in Maui. Crave it, dream of it, fill my nights full of mai-tais in anticipation. But, you know, I can't afford it. So, I'm heading to Vega$ and pretending I'm in Maui. And Paris. And Venice. Some of my bitches will join me, so we can hit the town and Liberace Museum in style. We will eat macadamia nuts by the slot machines and dance through the Bellagio at midnight in mumus.

While in Vega$, I will go by the name 'Rachel'. There is no shame in my game. Though, regular readers of the blog might think there should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you had time to develop Maui pictures and pack from England.

I am sorry you don't get to go on your British Isle tour. But have fun in Vegas.

Say Hi to Donna for me.

Trisha