Monday

At My Age

So, I've always thought it a bit silly to sit around and worry about aging. Not because I am so enlightened and mature that it doesn't affect me. But, because I'm rational enough to know that there are plenty of things within my control to sit around and worry about. So, I keep ticking off the years and putting money aside in my 'future plastic surgery' account. And sit around and worry about things I could do something about if my couch wasn't so damned comfortable. 

My point is, every once in awhile, I still get floored by the amount of time that has passed. You know, how much time has passed since high school, since college, since I only had one pet instead of a zoo. 

The other day I got a call out of the blue offering me a free Green Day ticket. Of course I said yes. But at the show, that whole 'time passing' issue came up.  

Here:

Me: "Remember when we saw them at Gillman St.?
Friend: "Fuck.  How old are we?"
Me: "Well, we met in high school and we graduated 20 years ago."
Friend: "Fuck."
Me: "Yeah."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Green day - I saw a Gilman show also many many many years ago. Ron was discussing clubs we used to go see bands at on face book and I had the same epiphany about all these closed clubs and how old I am.

Trisha M

Tabitha said...

I'm so there with you. Where the hell did all of those years go? I mean, I know we're all busy and what not, but shit! At least we are all on the road to Depends and senility together. Provided we can remember each other's names, or at least have visual recognition, we should have a fabulous time aging.